Born in London, 1927. Studied at the College of Art Gloucester and Cheltenham between 1948 and 1952. He then went on to become Head of Painting at Ulster College of Art, Belfast, between 1953 and 1960. His part time assistants included Tom Carr, John Luke and Colin Middleton.
In 1957 he founded the Irish School of Landscape Painting and for the last thirty years he has had numerous one-man shows in Europe and North America.
From 1960 to 1970 he worked in the Extra-Mural Department of Queens' University Belfast and between 1978 and 1980 lectured at the Victoria & Albert Museum and the National Gallery in London.
He has shown his work in numerous venues since the early 1950's and has had solo exhibitions at the Kenny Gallery and... read more